Thursday, October 17, 2013

10/15/2013 Vegas and LA guests in town

Sausalito
I had some very special guests come to SF to celebrate a very special birthday.  So where do I bring someone who works in the Vegas nightlife?  They've seen it all already!  Fortunately, here in SF is all about familiar faces and not large clubs packed with tourists.  Anywhere we go, we run into friends, family, and plenty of good times.  On a Tuesday, my friend took them for a bike ride over the Golden Gate Bridge while I was at work... Biking over the GGB is best on warm days like yesterday otherwise it's windy, foggy, and cold.  They biked into Sausalito, a nice little town right across from San Francisco with an amazing view of the San Francisco skyline.  There are many good restaurants there with patio ocean views.  I'll take you guys over to that part of town soon... it's nice and quaint there.  Instead of biking back up the mountain to GGB after lunch, they opted to take the ferry back which is another experience in itself.  

Everyone deserves an unforgettable birthday.


Some familiar faces.
I met them up for dinner after getting off work.  We went to Ozumo for some Japanese which I just featured.  It was a pleasure to have Nicole Fox join us for dinner.  You probably know her from TV... a winner of 'America's Next Top Model' and you probably also know her as Miss Hawaii.  You can check out my review on Ozumo by clicking the link labeled 'Ozumo' in the right sidebar.  We then went to visit some friends in the nightlife industry at Infusion Lounge SF where they were kind enough to send over a bottle of champagne for the birthday girl.  My friend DJ Weapon was on deck... I guess his name suits him since he's always killing the crowd with his mixes.  You can always recognize him with his red mohawk.  You can track him down @djweapon.  Infusion has some of the best bartenders in town, all of them trained by SFMixology.  I love tuesdays there because it has a nice mixed crowd and it's not too busy.  I'm not a fan of tight spaces in a club or lounge on the weekends unless the occasion calls for it.  It was also nice running into my friend DJ Jose Melendez... if you are a local and you grew up listening to the radio, you would surely know he is a legend to us SF 80's babies.  Follow him on Instagram @djjosemelendez.   He's been dishing up hip hop and dance music since any of us can remember for one of the most prevalent radio stations of all time.  Sorry Jose... don't hate me for it but I'm team Spotify these days.

Infusion Lounge SF.  DJ Jose Melendez to the left.  DJ Weapon in red
and is easily spotted in any pic with that same signature hand pose. 

A few drinks in and a bottle of champagne later, we decided to pay DJ Romeo Reyes a visit at The CellarSF located just a few blocks from Infusion Lounge.  Romeo commands a cult following in SF known for his uncanny ability to make a crowd jump and go nuts.  Congrats to Romeo for also landing gigs in Las Vegas recently.  You can find him at Marquee Boom Box Room in the Cosmopolitan there... one of the most popular clubs on the Las Vegas strip owned by the Tao Group.  Or you can just stalk him @romeoreyes1 like the 10 thousand others are... I'm one of them.  Everyone had a blast especially the birthday girl on her last night in SF.  It was safe to say at that point everyone's had enough to drink.  After some good laughs with our friends we left because what's a night out without the late night grub.

The Cellar SF alley way exit.
That's how you know you're way past
closing time.
We found ourselves at Grubstake where most locals go to top off their nights with some grease n milkshake.  I know what you are thinking... grease sounds disgusting but I assure you that you will not feel that way when you leave the bar or club late at night.  It's like the best frickin thing after a few drinks and hours after your dinner.  I personally love their Portuguese wine marinated NY steak.  For 17 bucks that's a steal and their portion is good.  Besides, it's marinated in alcohol... isn't that the theme for a night out?  It's not fine dining so don't sue me but it's definitely a good joint to hit up with your friends.  My friends love their burgers and seem to always order the milkshake to go along with it.  I love to eat but at that time of night... even I have my limits.  One thing you won't regret doing while you are there at Grubstake is keeping the camera rolling.  Alcohol + friends = conversations to relive the day after.  We have our fair share of footage from our tuesday adventure.  Whoever holds that holds the advantage over any of their friends.  Trade them for a meal if you love food like me or just keep it so you can play it on their wedding night... haha!  Whatever you choose to do just keep the camera rolling!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment