Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Midnight Bandit vs. Boudin Bakery

This Bandit hibernates by day and chomps by night.


I took a hike around the Twin Peaks area to watch the sun make way for the moon and stars.  It was a rare night, warm with clear skies, and many were out to watch the show of city lights come to life.  As soon as the sun disappeared.  I started to make my way back my car.  I threw away some trash left over from my late lunch before I hopped into the car.  Once I got into the car I noticed a crowd of people taking pictures of the trash can no more than 3 yards ahead of me.  I was so curious I just had to get out of the car to see for myself what everyone was so excited about.  It turned out that they were snapping away at 2 raccoons, who were not shy whatsoever, eating and digging through the trash.  At first I thought, geez... relax folks it's just raccoons that's what they do.  At a second glance, I realized that the paper bag they dug out from the trash was that same bag I threw away no more than a couple of minutes ago.  That's when I thought, wow I guess Boudin Bakery just brings out the appetite in raccoons too.  Never shared lunch with a raccoon before so you could say it's... memorable?  The Bandit and I shared a Ham n Brie cheese in a ciabatta roll with arugula dried cranberries and honey dijon mustard... clam chowder on the side.  Sure looked like the Bandit enjoyed it as much as I did.

The Midnight Bandit claiming stake to the ciabatta roll with those paws.

If you love sourdough bread as much as I do then you have to visit the Boudin Bakery at the Fisherman's Wharf location where all their bread is baked fresh daily.  The aroma of the bread while they bake is almost hypnotic... all of a sudden you find yourself inside Boudin with a loaf of bread at the cash register.  They are known for their clam chowder in a Boudin Bakery sourdough bread bowl.  I highly recommend going to that particular location if you have the time to spare and walk around because their bread there is as fresh as it gets.

No comments:

Post a Comment